Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Welcome to the IllumiNATION.


       Hello, my name is Christy Nolan. I am an ordinary girl who serves an extraordinary God, and I would like to invite you to join me on a journey. Let me first tell you the direction in which we are going. I don’t think I have to convince you that the world we live in is a dark place; you already know that. As it seems to me, the world is only getting darker. Culture today is continually painting grey what God has already clearly painted black and white in His Word. You don’t have to go any farther than your own heart to know that sin is real. Divorce rates are higher than ever. Murders happen every single day. Rape, slavery, and other forms of abuse are happening all over the world.

Here’s where our journey comes in. I invite you to join me in striving to be the light that God calls us to be in Matthew 5:13-16. He says to us, “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” I invite you to the IllumiNATION, where we are not satisfied with living in the dark, but where we let Christ shine through us. As I said before, this is a dark world getting darker, and now is not the time for us, Christians, to keep our light to ourselves. It’s time for us to illuminate this world with Christ’s love. We cannot conduct ourselves like darkness and expect to change the darkness around us. As one of my biggest heroes, Martin Luther King, once said, “Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.” 


So, the invitation stands. Will you join the IllumiNATION? I pray that you will. I hope that you would not be satisfied with settling into the darkness, but that you would be bold and be the light of the world, as Jesus called us. I pray that you would walk with me on this journey and that it would challenge and encourage you in your walk with Him.


So, I hand this blog over to the Lord. I pray that every single word I type will bring glory to His name. I hope that God will use my posts to inspire my readers to be illuminators in a dark world, that they would let Christ shine through them in everything they do. If you have a question, comment, or prayer request, please feel free to write it in the comments. Also, if you have a topic you would like me to write about, you can also tell me about it in the comments and I will try my best to give you a Biblical perspective on that topic. 


Thank you so much for reading and welcome to the IllumiNATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment